For the Schezwan sauce
2 tbsp oil
20 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 inch piece ginger finely chopped
3 tbsp red chilli paste
1/2 tsp white pepper powder
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp soya sauce
2 tsp chilli sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp vinegar
For the marination
4 tbsp maida/ all purpose flour
2 tbsp cornstarch/cornflour
2 tbsp red chili powder or red chili paste
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp coriander powder
Juice of 1 limes (or to taste)
3 green chilies,finely chopped
1 tsp soya sauce
1/4 tsp red food color,optional
Salt to taste
To make schezwan sauce
1. Heat up a non stick pan. When pan is hot add the oil.
2. Add in garlic and ginger. Saute very well till it is nice and brown till the rawness of the garlic is gone.
3. Add the red chilli paste. You can adjust the amount depending upon the level of spiciness you want. Sauté for sometime till the oil separates. Add in salt and pepper. Saute very well.
4. Add in soya sauce and chilly sauce. Till now you wouldn’t have got the saucy look to the sauce. So at this stage add few tablespoons of water till you get that perfect sauce like consistency.
5. Add sugar n vinegar.
1. In a bowl,whisk together all the ingredients from maida to salt. Add a few extra drops of water if the batter is very thick.
2. Add the chicken pieces and mix to coat well. Let it marinate,covered,in the fridge for 3 4 hours.
3. Heat oil on high heat,in a deep vessel. Reduce the heat to medium high and add the chicken pieces,a few pieces at a time.
4. Fry for 3 4 mins turning the pieces occasionally. If you fry it further,the color of the coating will change from red to brown,if you used food color.
5. Keep this aside
6. Finally mix the fried chicken pieces in the Schezwan sauce.
✔️ To make red chilli paste,soak the dry red chillies in very hot water for an hour,remove the seeds and grind it to a fine paste in the mixer.